Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Cookie Week - Brownies



Do you know what happens when your kiddos are good - they collect Brownie points.  And one day they redeem them for brownies.  I must have good kids because I sure made a lot of brownies in my time.  

This is our family's favourite brownie recipe with a few additions to make them more fattening festive.  I added chocolate chips to the batter and melted chocolate chips for the icing with M&Ms to decorate them.  

When you take the brownies out of the oven and they are still piping hot, sprinkle a good amount of chocolate chips on top.  After a few  minutes they will melt and can be spread like icing.  Definitely the easiest icing I know of.  

At Christmas I often make M&M holly on the icing because it is easy and looks pretty - all you do is use two green ones as the leaves and one red one as the berries. Couldn't get much simpler.  And they are always a hit.









Today is the last day of Christmas Cookie week ... and in case you missed some of the cookies, here is where you can find them - here, herehere, and here.



Also don't forget to check out what the other bloggers have been up to.  I've seen a lot of fantastic cookies that I really need to try.






No comments:

Post a Comment