Saturday, November 9, 2013

Today is Bouquet Day




It has finally happened!  There are no more flowers to be picked from the garden - the frost took the last of them a few days ago.  Which means I will have to rely on the grocery store from now until spring. 

the last flower from the garden on our sideboard


Yesterday I bought a bouquet of yellow freesia when I was getting some milk.  Don't you love freesia.  They have such pretty complex flowers arranged along their stem and they come in such a variety of gorgeous colours.  Fortunately the store only had a few colours or I might still be there trying to chose which ones to buy.

The bouquet came with lots of fern leaves, but I separated them and added the fern leaves to the blue salvia that we had on the table all last week and is still going strong.

I paired the freesia with one of my favourite thrift store tablecloths (do I say that every week?)  I have a collection of different gingham cloths - yellow, beige, brown, navy, red - and I love how they look on the table.  This one has been used a lot and has a few spots, but I still love it.

I'm not sure why, but looking at my Bouquet Day pictures side-by-side on my Pinterest Bouquet Day board makes me ridiculously happy.  I love seeing the progression of flowers that have bloomed in the garden and the pairing of the different colours of flowers with the tablecloths. Almost nobody visits this board so I feel like it is my secret place, just for my own enjoyment (which I'm sharing with all of you). 




No comments:

Post a Comment