Monday, June 24, 2013

Tall Ships Visit Toronto


Several tall ships are making their way to various ports on the Great Lakes to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 (which actually lasted longer than just one year so the bicentennial continues this year). It was Toronto's turn over the weekend so I went downtown to have a look.

I love old sailing ships. 




I think all the varnished wood and ropes everywhere look amazing, 




I love the little touches that made each ship unique.



I love seeing their sails aloft when they are out for a sail,



And best of all I adore all the colourful little flags.  


  

Parks Canada had displays set up and costumed interpreters there as well. 






Have you ever seen the tall ships?  Wouldn't it be fun to go out for a sail in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment